Currently reading
Safe Access - "Please try again later"

Router
  1. RT6600ax
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi!
I have replaced my Asus XT8 router with Synology RT6600AX to get better parental controls but when trying to add my first profile to Safe Access I get "Please Try Again Later".

Am I missing some critical step or it's a hardware issue? i used a DS Router app to setup network, updated SRM to 1.3.1 9346 Update 3. Didn't attach a USB drive - my understanding was that it was needed for threat prevention, not Safe Access.

Thanks!

Last edited:
That is correct. External storage is not needed for SA. Have you tried with a different browser? Any browser extensions?
Thanks for your response. I am trying to set it up on Iphone 13 Pro in GS Router app, not a browser.

I have also tried S23 Ultra, but it was giving random errors while setting up so I switched to the IPhone.

I bought it as Amazon Warehouse Deals "Used - Excellent Condition". The router arrived looking new, but now I have a suspicion while excellent "condition router" was returned...

Last edited:
Ok its not on the latest updated (that came a month ago) but still that shouldn't be that big of a deal considering its focusing on security exploits. I would recommend to test it via a desktop browser before anything else.
On a Windows 10 Enterprise in Edge browser when I try to enter Safe Access it says the same, just more verbose: "Unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or the system is busy. Please try again later."

I have Verizon FIOS and the speeds using RT6600AX are great.

I just received the router yesterday and installed the latest available to me update.

image.jpg

-- post merged: --

Update:
I have reset the router and set it up on a computer. Now everything works and I can add profiles.

Pretty spooky start, but hope it will be stable now.

Thanks for all the help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.