Currently reading
Same Space after deleting files

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I deleted 1.5TB from my DS920+ an hour ago. I emptied the recycle bin for the folder in question. No space was reclaimed. I also went to Shared Folders and used the ""Empty All Recycle Bins" and I still have the same amount of space on my NAS as before deleting 1.5TB of photos. Am I missing something?

Snapshots/Drive versions?

Check this thread:

Snapshots/Drive versions?

Check this thread:
Thank you for the reply and the link.

Also, you could use Storage Manager to scrub the data. It should recalc your space and show the actual state.
Thanks Rusty. If you mean Data Scrubbing, I am doing that now and it has 12 hours left to go. Thank you for responding.

Recommend you set a regular schedule for data scrubbing. FWIW, I run mine monthly.

Be sure your shared folders holding “critical” files support it.

0jWz5o9.png

I did the Data Scrubbing and the only thing that happened was that I found out that the Drives are ok. Data scrubbing did not reclaim space. I was able to go into the Snapshot app and remove snapshots and that was the answer and the cause of space loss. Thank you all for your help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.