Currently reading
Save settings for Sync Tasks

NAS
DS216+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi all - Im syncing the contents of an external hard drive to my NAS using Drive Server / Drive Client, works like a charm. But just one question: when I'd attach the external drive to another PC, could I somehow backup the sync settings (source/target/parameters) onto the new PC in order to keep the existing syncing in place exactly as it is to prevent having to start the whole transfer from scratch? Thanks for your help!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

Thank you, that will help, but its almost there. Not all places I support use AD or even LDAP. I would...
Replies
Views
I just followed the '+ Create' process and selected the available home or Team folder. For Team Folders...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well, this is annoying. In an effort to clean things up, I decided to change my username amongst others...
Replies
Views
I found a way to revert syncing the entire Home folders, back to only syncing the Drive subfolder...
Replies
Views
Please remember: a sync is not a backup. Once deleted or infected on one machine, it will be...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you want the same as I do (local PC files & folders backed up on my NAS). I would start with...
Replies
Views
I too am able to sync many folders deep on my windows 11 machine to my DS220+ (ex F:\House\House Net\Pro...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back