Seagate Ironwolf PROs not on compatibility list for DS923+/DS1522+

NAS
DS923+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Searching for compatibility issues regarding my decision for my next Synology model, I found out that Seagate Ironwolf Pro is not listed as compatible for the new DS1522+/DS923+ models although normal Ironwolfs are. I already own 2x4TB Pro models and I would like to keep using them through HDD Migration.
It's the first time that I would use an hdd not listed as compatible. I have some concerns about this. I understand that, nevertheless, the hdds will work and can be used. But what about reliability? Is there any risk about loosing data due to this matter? Ironwolf Pro is a quite common hdd for NAS systems, how can it be possible that it may have issues?
Can Ironwolf Health still be checked?
At the end, can anyone using these models on a DS923+/DS1522+ confirm that work OK?

I use Seagate EXOSes in sizes that Synology does not approve-of. I've had no issues...and health check is fine.

That MAY be diff cos they support other-sized EXOS drives... but just thought I'd tell you.

I use Seagate EXOSes in sizes that Synology does not approve-of. I've had no issues...and health check is fine.

That MAY be diff cos they support other-sized EXOS drives... but just thought I'd tell you.
In DS923+/DS1522+ compatibility list, EXOS drives are not in the list at all...

Hunh! I've got a DS1521+ and EXOS were on the list.

Oh, well...not that I care anymore anyway! I hate that list!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.