Search not working in Synology Photos

Currently reading
Search not working in Synology Photos

Well, we're still waiting for the much needed update....
The search function is working in both the iOS and Android apps, however the search results are limited to 5 results (same as browser based searches) rather than all instances. I fed this back to Synology who have raised it as a feature request.

the search results are limited to 5 results (same as browser based searches) rather than all instances. I fed this back to Synology who have raised it as a feature request.
A "feature request" ??? This is simply sloppy programming... much like the inane Community search function which returns every thread reply as a separate search result. Five results? Maybe Google should invoke that "feature".

And we know that "feature requests" never rise beyond Synology Tier 1 support team.

The search function is working in both the iOS and Android apps
Well, no. There is no search available when you're logged in as a user with limited rights (e.g. no editing, only viewing):
Screenshot_20220608-091343_Photos.jpg

However, if you log in with admin rights the search button is available:
Screenshot_20220608-090458_Photos.jpg

This is the same in Android as iOS.
And even logged in as admin you can't search folder names. So nothing changed so far :-(

Same problem with DS-418play, only administrator can search. I open a ticket and i had a reply :

"Thank you for contacting Synology Support Team. We regret to inform you that the function you inquired about is not currently supported. However, we have submitted a Feature Inquiry Form for you to ensure your feedback is heard and used as a reference for future product feature planning. Our Product Management Team will follow up with your inquiry, thank you."
Without search it is a USELESS app....... i have over 90.000 photos..... Searching for alternative... any suggestion from anyone??
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.