Info Security and your DSM setup

Currently reading
Info Security and your DSM setup

Last edited:
How did you find the person who did the review for you? Small business or independent?
A guy used to work with who was very good at breaking into and exploiting other people's complex networks & systems, nicking data without leaving evidence etc. Regular computer networks are kinda beneath him but he was a useful set of eyes and he is always interested in such stuff.

This arrived in my inbox yesterday, just to remind me that Synology is always on the ball though and nothing gets past them...

2022-01-29 at 16.57.45.png

2/10 - must try harder

☕

The report didn't mention, but I assume your TVs are on your IoT VLAN (that's how I set things up in my house) so that they are separated from your personal devices (NAS, phones, laptops, etc.).

Yes, my TVs are outside my 'trusted' network as for other than external connectivity for updates they don't need to have access to anything. I certainly would not use any of the applications available on a TV.

My less trusted network (IoT) is called 'Lothlorien' - a TV and Harmony Hub are highlighted below:

2022-01-29 at 18.05.33.png

☕

Galadriel looks after all in Lothlorien.

As for me, well with Mirkwood on our west boundary, The Shires on the east and overlooking Hobbit Cottage to the immediate north and with a cast iron Smaug on our oak door, I guess we have to be hobbits rather than dwarves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.