Currently reading
RT6600ax Serial network problems

Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have a small serial network, 192.168.244.100 to 200, with a gateway of 129. I created a Network 3 and added 192.168.244.129 as local IP. in IPv4 Start and end 192.168.244.100 to 200, gateway of 129. Hit ok and in general it reverts to 192.168.0.1. I first tried to change settings on network1 an it went into a endless loop requiring a reset. How do I change the router IP Address to play happy with my serial network?
Steve

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by ‘serial network’ nor how it relates to the rest of your setup.

Each private network (VLAN) has to be on its own discrete IP subnet, and they have to be different to the WAN subnet too. Each of these private networks can (not must) run DHCP services for that subnet’s local devices.

Maybe if you can describe exactly what you are doing, with screenshots, it may help.

… you saw your post on the Intro forum and you are replacing some old Netgear firewall. Have you disconnected this from the network? I recall SRM has a setting to switch network subnets if it detects a conflict.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by ‘serial network’ nor how it relates to the rest of your setup.

Each private network (VLAN) has to be on its own discrete IP subnet, and they have to be different to the WAN subnet too. Each of these private networks can (not must) run DHCP services for that subnet’s local devices.

Maybe if you can describe exactly what you are doing, with screenshots, it may help.

… you saw your post on the Intro forum and you are replacing some old Netgear firewall. Have you disconnected this from the network? I recall SRM has a setting to switch network subnets if it detects a conflict.
Thanks for the reply fredbert. After doing more reading and brushing up on networks I was able to setup a private network and kept all my devices using there current configuration. Also I'm able to access the router at 192.168.244.129 gateway for the network. Didnt realize the bottleneck the old hardware was. Big increase in speed with the RT6600.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.