NAS
RS3621xs+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello,
Our company just upgraded from a DS to a RS3621xs+, as luckily in this pandemy we managed to grow both in terms of employees and shared data.

For some projects, we have a fixed subfolder structure, and each subfolder needs to be accessed only by some departments for securing the data. To explain this more exact:

- Folder (shared folder)
  • Sales department (set to be accessed only by sales department)
  • Administrative department (set to be accessed only by admin)
  • Engineering (set to be accessed by sales, engineering and purchase)
    • Folder1 (set to be accessed by engineering only)
    • Folder2 (set to be accessed by engineering only)
    • Projects (set to be accessed by sales, engineering and purchase)
        • Project1
          • Sales (sales dept only)
          • Purchase (purchase dept only)
          • Engineering (engineering dept only)
        • Project2
          • Sales
          • Purchase
          • Engineering
        • Project3
          • Sales
          • Purchase
          • Engineering
        • Dummy folder
          • Sales
          • Purchase
          • Engineering

If now tomorrow we will have Project4, we just create a copy of the Dummy folder (bold above) and rename it Project4. If we will have project 5, we will create a new copy of the dummy folder and rename it Project5. For us, it was the easyest way to create a new project folder, containing all other subfolders including the standard files for each. The problem is that I would like to give proper rights to each subfolder. Sales subfolder should be seen only by sales department, purchase subfolder should be seen only by purhase department, etc. Is there any way to create a workflow which dynamically sets the rights for a new created subfolder, maybe based on its name, or any other workaround to achieve this?
Thank you!

Is there any way to create a workflow which dynamically sets the rights for a new created subfolder, maybe based on its name, or any other workaround to achieve this?
Nothing automatically. Manual separation of permissions per subfolder needs to be manually executed especially if you are limiting subfolders to a different set of permissions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.