Setting (some) Apps on the DSM Desktop/Window?

Currently reading
Setting (some) Apps on the DSM Desktop/Window?

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
How do I set set some DMS/Synology Apps e.g Snapshots, Hyper Backup to be on the DSM/Browser desktop rather than always going to Package Centre to open them? Thanks

Open the main menu in the upper left corner. There you will see all the apps. On top of this from that menu you can drag the icons to the desktop if you want.
Thanks again Rusty - I really do appreciate this simple help. My UPS is now on and in acouple of days I should have the 10GbE card in. Delighted to have gone over to Synology.

By the way - is there a simple way I can create a passworded folder on my NAS into which I can move some video and audiobooks so they can be accessed by (just) invited members of my extended family?

is there a simple way I can create a passworded folder on my NAS into which I can move some video and audiobooks so they can be accessed by (just) invited members of my extended family?
Look into Drive Server package and share it from there.

In addition to drag and drop from the main menu to the DSM desktop, you can also create groups (folders) of desktop shortcuts. To do this drag and drop one shortcut onto another. Right-click on a shortcut to get access to a menu for removing it.

1637833739546.png

In addition to drag and drop from the main menu to the DSM desktop, you can also create groups (folders) of desktop shortcuts. To do this drag and drop one shortcut onto another. Right-click on a shortcut to get access to a menu for removing it.

View attachment 4896
look at that organization on top of macos wallpaper... proper mac user ;)

View attachment 4896
look at that organization on top of macos wallpaper... proper mac user ;)
Great many thanks - it seems to be working now okay - just worked out how to share stuff with my daughter!
-- post merged: --

Don't know what you mean :D

View attachment 4899

I forget which app I used to batch reduce the dimensions to work with DSM: probably GraphicConverter or Acorn via Automator.
Thanks - think it's sorted now :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.