NAS
1821+, 1821+, 720+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I'm trying to setup a hyperbackup from 2 local nas's (from an 1821+ to a 720+). hbu is installed on the 1821+, and hbuv is installed on the 720+.

when I go to make a task on the 1821+, I type in the ip address of the 720+, and click login. This brings a popup to login to the 720+ which succeeds, but the popup goes away and thats it, the previous page doesn't change. I can't pick a folder, all I can do is endlessly attempt to login. Both nas's have identical firewall rules (I've even turned off the firewalls on both to make sure this isn't an issue).

both nas's are on the same subnet (both are literally 192.168.102.157, and 192.168.102.147). I've even connected them to the same switch to see if this would help, it changed nothing.

I've searched till I'm blue in the face. I have only come across a few other instances of something similar to what I'm attempting, but they too, seem to have hit a roadblock, or haven't updated their posts

weirdly, a combination of rebooting the nas's, turning firewalls on and off (not changing settings, turning them off completely), the setup worked as intended. right now it's backing up, with both firewalls running, and literally no settings changed between it working and not working.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.