Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Setting up directory server and existing computers

NAS
DS224+, RS820+, DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I’m looking to implement directory server and join some computers to it. If the existing user name on synology was USER(firstname) but on the computer it’s USER(firstname lastname) do you need to copy the profile over to the synology domain user profile?

Once directory server is setup if you login to the computer with the synology creditial of user(firstname) won’t that load an empty profile on the computer? Do you then need to take the pre-existing computer profile name and either copy it over or rename it somehow?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.