Currently reading
Setup ds218+ for automated downloads

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi I am pretty new to Synology Nas got my first 1 about a week ago and would like to setup automated series and film downloads on it I have transmission up and running via the package installer was wondering if anyone could help with a guide from start to finish setting up an automated series and movie download with sonarr and such as I don't know where to begin thanks for any help. Sorry if this has been posted before but couldn't see it on the forum.

I would suggest to get familiar with Docker before you go any further. Sonarr/radarr an the likes are dependent on Mono framework and every so often an update breaks sonarr and radarr. Beside keeping them all in docker would be a more clean and stable then running them via package center. Same goes for transmission or any other torrent app.

If and when you decide to move into that direction, write back and people will help out I’m sure. Also there is a lot of content on running those apps in Docker online already.

I did try qbittorrent in docker and got it going ok just didn't like that I couldn't find qbittorrent remote app for desktop so just quickly but transmission on from package centre for ease now I want to get them all integrated to run automated for ease of long term use.

I did try qbittorrent in docker and got it going ok just didn't like that I couldn't find qbittorrent remote app for desktop so just quickly but transmission on from package centre for ease now I want to get them all integrated to run automated for ease of long term use.
Well at some point in time LunaSea - A Modern Self-Hosted Media Manager will have support for torrent clinets on top of usenet and atm I use it and runs great with all those apps.

Still atm you are asking for a working scenario that also supports mobile, natively?

Not worried about mobile support just need to know how to set everything up on my Nas before paying for news group and then I can let it run and not worry about it. I am happy using docker to install packages it just configuring them so they all work together is the problem I have.

Not worried about mobile support just need to know how to set everything up on my Nas before paying for news group and then I can let it run and not worry about it. I am happy using docker to install packages it just configuring them so they all work together is the problem I have.
Then just say what apps in docker you are running with and what exact problems you are facing

Last edited:
I did try qbittorrent in docker and got it going ok just didn't like that I couldn't find qbittorrent remote app for desktop
I access its docker interface using remote browser. Either via reverse proxy, port forwarding, or VPN.
it just configuring them so they all work together is the problem I have.
All you need on interoperability is here.

Then just say what apps in docker you are running with and what exact problems you are facing
That's the problem I haven't got any thing running yet as didn't want to create loads of problems to then try and sort out. I have found a YouTube video and am trying to follow that for now. Let's see what happens

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.