Share all new folders with certain name?

Currently reading
Share all new folders with certain name?

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Is it possible to setup file sharing for all file folders created with a certain name? I have a client who only wants a particular folder -- located in a subfolder -- available for access to certain employees. They don't want to share the entire contents of the folder, only one particular subfolder.

The problem is, they make a new client folder pretty often and it would look something like this:

\\synology_drive\Clients\2023\projects\client_name\employees_only

The folder name, for example, "employees_only" will remain the same (always), but a new folder for each client will obviously be created.

Is there anyway to accomplish this (automatically), or will we have to rely on another employee to manually share the subfolder?

Thanks in advance!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.