Share/File Permission Changing From NFS To Smb

Currently reading
Share/File Permission Changing From NFS To Smb

NAS
Ds918+
Hey All,

I have recently been playing with 2.5Gbe usb Nics, I previously had a single share via NFS to plex. I have found that the speeds on nfs will not sustain 2.5. Trying with SMB and it will max it out all day long.
My question is in regards to permissions of folder/files when changing from NFS to SMB, I can get share mounted and plex can see but i cannot write or delete any of the files if needed. What would be the best way to re do permissions on the folder and files so plex and say radarr can write to it.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
I think the subject probably says it all, but to further explain: for security reasons, we need users to...
Replies
Views
Running the latest DSM with VPN Server. OpenVPN connections connect fine and straight away. Accessing a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hyper backup. many tutorials can be found online. You will have to setup your own versioning. You set up...
Replies
Views
It would seem better to adapt routing. But there are still things you need to consider: security policy...
Replies
Views
It's a poor message unless there's the opportunity to change the text, but who will do that most times...
Replies
Views
I was using SMB and I had problems... now it seems it went through.... nwm it will come back again if...
Replies
Views
Hello there guys, I have connected my laptop (maped network drive) to my nas at home and when I am trying...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back