DSM 7.1 Shared Folder Permissions Custom

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Shared Folder Permissions Custom

Hi All,
I hope you are well,

I am trying to set up a shared folder that allows the users from a AD group to upload, rename, files and folders but I would like them to not be able to delete any files or folders. I have managed to do this but a strange behaviour is happening. When Upload the file/ folder or paste it from Windows it works and cannot delete them. But if I try to create a new file/ folder manually in Windows explorer says I need permissions. I think with the permissions I have set this should just work now. Does anyone have any thoughts.

Many Thanks
James

Check the advanced permissions on your shared folders.
1705979546115.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.