Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Shared folder sync from older DSM

NAS
RS2421+, DS1813+, DS1512+, DS508, CS407
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Hi,
First of all, sorry for my bad english/translations. I use DSM in other language, so error and messages are my translations and might not exactly correspond with original english ones.

First I synced shared folders from DS1813+ (DSM 6.1.7) to RS2421+ (DSM 7.0). And it went fine.
Now i wanted to do te same from DS1512+ (DSM 4.0) or DS508 (DSM 4.0) and setting up the task I got error "Servers has already been paired with another client. You must reset the pair first"
In older DSM there was a "Reset" button to do that, but not in DSM 7.0
There is "Server status:" and "Server paired with:" and two buttons "Task list", and "Connection list". And there, in the connection list were the connections for previously synced folders. I deleted those and nothing changed, still the same error.

Then I tested syncing from one of the DSM 4.0 servers to the one running DSM 6.1.7.
One went fine, the other showed the same message. I went to shared folder sync settings on DSM 6 and found "Reset button" and red warning, that to enable syncing with multiple clients i must use the button to reset the connections and make sure clients have the latest version of DSM.
Ok... so after clicking on the "reset" button now I have the same two button layout like in DSM 7.0 and now both the DSM 4.0 servers are unable to synck folders with ethier of the newer ones. Like the version od sync protocols from DSM 7.0 was not compatibile with the one on DSM 4.0. And the one on DSM 6.1.7 was ok, until i hit the "reset" button and it changed to the same as on DSM 7.0

Any ideas how to make DSM 4.0 server synck shared folders to DSM 7.0 server?
I can propably do na network backup and then move each folder content as separate shared folder on destination server...
But using sync allowed me to do incremental sync if something was changed on the client.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.