NAS
DS1621+, DS1019+, DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Some of my shared folders that were previously shared in Synology Drive Admin Console are no longer shared and show as 'Not Available'.

2021-03-02 @ 9.07.14 Cleanshot@2x.png

2021-03-02 @ 9.07.25 Cleanshot@2x.png

As far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything, and everything seems to be working fine.

Does anyone know what I could try to make them available/enabled for sharing again?

I have two Shared Folders that are 'Not available' to be enabled as Team Folders:
  1. AB4B's shared folder
  2. A shared folder 'system' that I created to hold various things: logs; reports; remote mounted shares; docker container data; etc.
Looking at Drive Admin help...
  • The below data/shared folders cannot be synced across platforms:
    • Mounted remote folders or virtual drives
    • External USB drive shares
    • All the Docker container data stored
    • All the replicated data from Snapshot Replication
    • Shared folders that no users are able to access (i.e. when the folders are being edited or mounted/unmounted).
Somehow I guess those five reasons will cover my two cases.

I have two Shared Folders that are 'Not available' to be enabled as Team Folders:
  1. AB4B's shared folder
  2. A shared folder 'system' that I created to hold various things: logs; reports; remote mounted shares; docker container data; etc.
Looking at Drive Admin help...

Somehow I guess those five reasons will cover my two cases.
Ah, I never thought that some of the content in that folder could be preventing it from being shared. I just moved some mounted folders into that share, so that makes sense now.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.