Currently reading
Sharing Calendar's To Do lists

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I want to share 'to do' or reminder lists with some users. Previously I've done this using the calendar in Nextcloud so I know its possible in CalDAV. We're not using the web interface, everyone has desktop and iOS CalDAV apps.

The Synology Calendar lets me share calendars nicely but it separates them from To Do lists whereas Nextcloud keeps To Dos and Calendars together. I don't see any way of sharing a To Do list from Synology's Calendar. Is there a secret to get this working or am I out of luck?

Also, I can't get my head around the thinking behind the 'In Box'. I see what its for but its not properly thought out. Either that or the interface doesn't help. And while I'm moaning about the interface you'd think Calendar and Contacts would at least have their App Launcher on the same side of the window...

That was last year. Then I installed Nextcloud via Docker. Then that broke so I'm back trying to see if I can use Synology Calendar. Which is nice enough but still I can't share "to do" lists.

Anyone do this?

I want a "to do" list which a number of people have access to. Anyone can complete a task and mark it as done. Anyone can add tasks. The lists is 'owned' by one user who shares it. Each user logs in with their own password. As I say, Nextcloud does this well enough.

I still don't really understand Syno Contacts. Maybe I'm trying to make it do something it really can't. Otherwise, any ideas? I don't really want to go back to Nextcloud as I'm afraid it will break again.

I'm back trying to see if I can use Synology Calendar. Which is nice enough but still I can't share "to do"
You can share the to-do link via CalDAV, but you would have to enter the username/pwd combo on the shared device. But this is not available on the Synology calendar interface, as you know.

Have you looked at Note Station? It has a to-do capability, but IDK if it is shareable.

You can share the to-do link via CalDAV, but you would have to enter the username/pwd combo on the shared device. But this is not available on the Synology calendar interface, as you know.
Yes, so in Nextcloud I can share a calendar with any other user. As soon as I do that the shared calendar appears alongside their own simply using their own login. And the 'to do' list comes along. Thsi sia good solution as it means no pasword sharing. But obviously this is all done by the CalDAV client, not server, and Synology Contacts doesn't do this.
Have you looked at Note Station? It has a to-do capability, but IDK if it is shareable.
Yes, it doesn't look shareable. Also I want something Card/CalDAV to allow macOS & iOS users access.

I could just forget thee whole self hosting thing and put it all on iCloud.

Or maybe Microsoft 365...?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.