Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RT2600ac

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • MR2200ac

• None

• Total voters
My personal view is that Synology routers are a choice of last resort... if that. Asus, NetGear, TP-Link... are far less buggy and have strong support communities.

This is far from the truth. I've owned those models except the TP-Link and they were the worst routers I've ever owned for firmware bugs. Synology has been stable and the best router I have owned period.

I have to agree with this. Since having syno router there were no problems at all. Tbh though, a week ago something forced it to change subnets and class due to wan/lan conflict but that just happened once out of the blue. Could have been a legitimate situation.

Still I will get both 2600 and 2200 routers for my mesh needs in the near future.

I have the RT2600ac and MR2200ac on a gigabit connection and they have been great for my needs.
Easy to manage and the mesh has performed well without issue since configuration.

I switched over from an Asus RT-AC3200 and the ease of use in SRM compared to the GUI in other routers is night and day.

I also like the interface continuity between DSM and SRM devices on the network.

This is far from the truth. I've owned those models except the TP-Link and they were the worst routers I've ever owned for firmware bugs. Synology has been stable and the best router I have owned period.
That's good to know. However, I'm taken aback by the critical issues posted on the Synology Community boards for their routers. It seems like endless threads of issues.

Last edited:
For the most part, they come here when they’re have issues, or questions how to work through something
And on 'the community' often don't come back to read the responses or if they do then they don't say they have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.