Currently reading
Shut Down?

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
We have to leave for a 3 month period. I will be carrying a Time Machine backup to a hard drive with us of all important data in case house burns down or ... My question is would it be best to power down the Nas while gone? It seems to me it would perhaps extend its life? Or is it counter intuitive? The Ubiquiti home network will remain on to access all smart home monitoring. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

It’s been 24 hours since the return of normal operations: 2 of 3 NAS’s QC ceased working altogether...
Replies
Views
Where is the NAS located: any chance that the power button was fiddled with? Also have you checked the...
Replies
Views
Yes, I read that too. I only use 2FA for serious security communications (bank, retirement etc). There's...
Replies
Views
[I'm a bit hazy on what's your VPN service and what AdGuard is providing, so I'm assume they are one and...
Replies
Views
is there a device sending WOL? or phrase it differently, did you switch off the WOL possibility?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm not Suoabb, but I can try to help. If your Synology device is experiencing issues with rebooting...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back