DSM 7.0 & Sign of Death: Synology Secure SignIn URL/QR Code Problem

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 & Sign of Death: Synology Secure SignIn URL/QR Code Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
uM,fJ@t3HbKJ@o
Last edited:
The link created by DSM7 behind the QR code is followed by an & sign after the top-level domain (TLD):

www.myserver.com:1234&id=...
www.myserver.com&id=...

Due to this & sign directly after the TLD, the traffic is not forwarded to the server. Not a single data packet arrives at the firewall if you scan the URL via the Synology Secure SignIn app or call it directly in a web browser. The data packets are not sent because the & character results in a DNS error: Cloud not resolve host

This can be easily traced on the mobile phone and notebook using CURL. When you reproduce the error, keep the special characters in mind: curl not taking my "&" sign in URL

The manufacturer must modify the generation of the URL. The error has already been reported to Synology via the "Report bug" button in DSM7.

Status
Not open for further replies.