Currently reading
Solved Simple Sync

NAS
DS218J
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a home setup comprising a desktop Windows 10 PC with a DS218J NAS.
I simply need to know how to set up the NAS in order to have one-way sync of selected files to the NAS, updating only when a file has changed.
As a newby, I have spent days trying to get my head around Synology Drive Client but after once commencing configuration, several windows updates caused me to lose the app and now I can't find it to download again. I have installed Synology Drive Server (DMS) and Synology Drive but I cannot find Synology Drive Client again. However it appears that Client is only intended to sync two paired computers - not one computer with its NAS!
Please advise what I need to do in order to achieve my simple sync requirement?
Thank you, Colin

Thanks Rusty -I had forgotten it's an .exe file therefore hidden away somewhere.
I'm well on the way now.
Thanks again, Colin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.