Since when did SRM have "Grant the administrator privilege to this user"?

Currently reading
Since when did SRM have "Grant the administrator privilege to this user"?

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
  3. RT6600ax
  4. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Doing some housekeeping on the RT2600ac and clicked on a user's Edit button. I then saw an option I'm sure I haven't seen before, namely "Grant the administrator privilege to this user". I'm sure managing admin privilege has been a once-only event: if you use a different name for the administration account during setup then you'll have that one and the default 'admin'.

Here's a screenshot of my admin account with the option greyed out. My real administrator account (created during setup) also has it greyed out, but a standard user account has this option available. I could make the standard user an admin and then remove this privilege. It seems accounts created after setup can have admin privilege enabled and disabled.

Did I miss this feature being added or is my memory failing me and it's been there for ages?

1619042083643.png

Solution
Answering my own question:

On SRM 1.2.4 and above​

1. Go to Control Panel > User and select or create a user.
  2. Click on a user account and click Edit.
  3. Tick the Grant the administrator privilege to this user checkbox and click OK.
  4. Now the user account has administrator privileges.
Synology Router Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

This isn't documented in the SRM Help, where no mention of this option exists. I had to google the text string to find the above result. Another place that is devoid of information on this new feature is the SRM Release Notes.
Release Notes for SRM | Synology Inc.
Answering my own question:

On SRM 1.2.4 and above​

1. Go to Control Panel > User and select or create a user.
  2. Click on a user account and click Edit.
  3. Tick the Grant the administrator privilege to this user checkbox and click OK.
  4. Now the user account has administrator privileges.
Synology Router Manager - Knowledge Base | Synology Inc.

This isn't documented in the SRM Help, where no mention of this option exists. I had to google the text string to find the above result. Another place that is devoid of information on this new feature is the SRM Release Notes.
Release Notes for SRM | Synology Inc.

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.