Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Forum,

Apologies if this has been covered before and my searching abilities suck.

I have a single Disk containing "Volume 2" as a destination for Shared Folder SnapShot Replication from (RAIDed) "Volume 1" with a bunch of history on it which I now want to migrate to a new and larger "Volume 2" without losing any of the SnapShot History/Capabilities or having to hack together a messy fix.

Is there a Quick & Easy way to take "Volume 2" and enlarge/clone it onto new larger "Volume 2" .... reboot and continue as before?

(I have an open slot in the DS418, for New Volume 2)

Thanks in advance.

I have an open slot in the DS418, for New Volume 2
Add the new, larger drive to the empty slot... Create a new pool with that drive. When complete, go to Control Panel/Shared Folder/Edit and change the location of the shared folder(s) on the drive you are replacing, to the new drive.

When all is complete, shutdown, remove the single "old" drive, and restart the NAS.

If you have installed any packages to that "old" volume, you will need to reinstall those packages.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.