Slow download speeds using QuickConnect.

Currently reading
Slow download speeds using QuickConnect.

Hi SynoForum - my first post in here.

I've installed a DS1621+ at my company and intend to use the NAS for hosting files my cusomers can access through QuickConnect. When I upload and download data to it, the file transfer is quite high, but when my client download data, the speed is about 0,5 mb per second. I have tried to download from home as well, and I experience the same. In order to check if it was the company Firewall that was the reason for the slow transfer speed, I brought the NAS back home and tried to download from it from a different location. Same issue. I havent' set up any limitation on users or groups, firewall has been unchecked and I've tried all SynologySupport has suggested. Is 0,5 mb per second what I can expect as transfer speed? I must say I had higher expectations.

If the reason for the slow transfer rate is QuickConnect, any ideas to how I should set up the NAS so it's still easy for my clients to access the data I host for them?

All the best,

Rasmus

Welcome to the forum!

Just for test configure DDNS on your NAS, forward a port and try the transfer that way.

Using QC uses Synology relay setup so speed will be in question. With DDNS and a direct traffic to your NAS you should get better results. So just for comparison, give it a go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.