DSM 7.1 Slow file transfer using web file sharing

Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Slow file transfer using web file sharing

NAS
DS1821+, DS418, DVA3221, DS1812+, DS409
I have multiple Diskstations. I'm having an issue with downloading large files from my DS1821+. I share large files using "share file" option from file station. The person I send the link to downloads the file using Download station. This used to work flawlessly and super fast. I have a 1 Gbps upload and download internet and speed tests confirm that. The person who is downloading the file has 750 MBps download speed. What used to take 20 minutes to download now take hours.. almost 14 hours to be precise.

The same large file, when shared from my DS418 is downloading in the usual 20 minutes time frame. So, obviously, something is wrong with my DS1821+ although I didn't change any settings. These links are DDNS links and not a quick connect link.

I have run data scrubbing and even extended S.M.A.R.T tests on all the drives and they come back as healthy.

What could be causing this sudden slowdown. Both DS418 and DS1821+ are on the same network, connected to the same network switch.

Thanks for the help!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.