1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
Hi there!

Background: MS AD Domain, Synology NAS joined AD, several users with smartcard for authentication.
Problem: these users can't login to synology web interface (after they started using smart cards), but SMB works fine

Screenshot_13.png

Any ideas?

The reason for this is because the password is no longer the password that was set. When you enable smartcard authentication, a random password is created in the background. This is why when you disable the smartcard authentication, the previous password was changed. So, there is no way to have the login work because windows is expecting smartcard for authentication and Synology NAS does not support this method of authentication.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.