Snapshot Replication - Folder Selection

NAS
DS 720+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have set up the Snapshot for the Home folder, which is making 'copies’ of all the 3 users I have on the NAS, and this is starting to take quite a lot of space, as one user is saving and deleting files constantly. I would like to set up the Snapshots in a way that I could select which folders to include, e.g.:
  • User 1: Snapshot everything.
  • User 2: Snapshot only specific folders.
  • User 3: No Snapshot at all.
Is that possible to achieve?

Also as an additional question, is it possible to delete some folders from the Snapshot already created? I think I have read that the only possibility is to delete the whole Snapshot.

Thanks in advance.

No, it's not possible as the snapshot is on the shared folder as a whole. You could create a new shared folder per user and apply access permissions, even have them as Drive team folders with only the right user having access to their folder.

To reduce the space taken by the snapshots you can view the list and even delete ones. But I would also consider how many snapshots are need and how often they are taken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.