NAS
1517+, 3614,3617,1618...
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi,
First of all, sorry for my english, I'll try to make it understandable...
I use Snapshot replication toibackup schedule backup tasks from Active Backup.

I have several interrogations about this method ?
The first one is the encryption. There is no encryption on the destination, except during transport. Do someone knows if it will be present ? Becasue of RGPD, a lot of clients ask me about it. Other products like Veeam have encryption and without the key and the user/password, you have no access to the data.

The second is this security, I use a different account for all sources, for what I know the account used must be admin, which make me asked if a NAS is being corrupted will it be a problem for the others backups ? The account is used for a task only, can it be compromised ?And how can I prevent problems ?

Thanks for all !

Do someone knows if it will be present ?
There is no encryption apart from the transport one. Considering that ABB cant live in an encrypted folder it will not be replicated as such on the other NAS

The second is this security, I use a different account for all sources, for what I know the account used must be admin, which make me asked if a NAS is being corrupted will it be a problem for the others backups ? The account is used for a task only, can it be compromised ?And how can I prevent problems ?
Correct only admin class account can work with SR package and you will be compromised if that account gets exposed in any way.

Keep in mind that SR was mainly developed to be used in a company setup, not to host it as a service for multiple 3rd party tenants, so the security element of it is not strong when it comes to implementing it in such configurations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.