Sonarr/Raddar... No indexers, No download client... Please advise

Currently reading
Sonarr/Raddar... No indexers, No download client... Please advise

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
I was expecting a few overnight sonarr downloads this morning... but when I opened sonarr it reported all indexers failed, and no download client. I use qbittorentvpn (QBTv)). I opened QBTv and ran a search and all seemed OK. The episode downloaded, but would not auto (or manual) import through sonarr.

I dropped the firewall with no change.

Out of curiosity I opened radarr and found the same problems (indexers, download client). I stopped the containers and tried to restart Docker. When the restart failed, I restarted the NAS, and loaded Docker and the containers. Still no change.

Oddly this scheme last ran on Sunday evening without fail.

Next I opened jackett and all indexers "passed". I tried re-entering an index into sonarr but no connection.

I'm stumped. I didn't see anything unusual on the sonarr forums. Otherwise, sonarr can search for new shows over the internet, so I'm unsure why the indexers are failed (and QBTv too). This got me wondering if Synology gives us "silent" updates.

I'm considering reloading these three container configs using Snapshot Replication.

Any ideas? I know of no obvious changes here. Maybe I should chill for another day. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I think my Docker network is somehow blown. I suspect that happened a day ago when I messed with the VPN Server, trying to resolve connectivity. I caught a thread that mentioned interference between the two, but even after stopping both services, restarting the NAS and Docker, no success... and restarting Docker gives me "Failed to run the Package Service". Huh?

Containers can get out to the internet, but localhost connections between them don't work. That could explain the QBTv and indexer failures.

I'm over my head at this point. I'll run a scrub hoping that will fix things (does it work throughout volume1, or just with shared folders).

I suppose a further step is a DSM reinstall. What a sucky day this has been.

EDIT1: What a mess. QbittorrentVPN won't run with its internal VPN... without VPN it is fine.

Does anyone know how to restore Docker network short of bare metal installation? I'm broken-hearted.

This could be IPtables problems. I have seen this before.

Try and run these command as root and see if this will fix your internal communication

Code:
iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

@Rusty Thanks... but with errors?
BYJLlV1.png

What is your recommendation? Thanks for helping.

@Rusty Thanks... but with errors?
BYJLlV1.png

What is your recommendation? Thanks for helping.
You are running this as root? Not inside any container I hope?

Strange on the errors front but this might be the reason you are having problems

As far as I remember, stopping the docker package should unbend/remove its iptable rules and remove kernel modules, starting it again will reload the modules and bend the iptables rules the way docker needs them.

If you can afford to restart the package, you might want to give it a try?

Yes @Rusty as root... but more info...

After I disabled the firewall, I re-ran these commands without error. Rebooted, but no change. jackett indexers not connected. QBT not connected. QBT fails when VPN activated.

So, nothing new yet.

Notably too... when I first logged in after rebooting following the iptables commands, I got a login popup about an encryption error where the password would be transmitted in plaintext.

What's next?

As far as I remember, stopping the docker package should unbend/remove its iptable rules and remove kernel modules, starting it again will reload the modules and bend the iptables rules the way docker needs them.

If you can afford to restart the package, you might want to give it a try?
@one-eyed-king Each time I do this I get a "failed to start package" popup, but still some containers work as expected.

Each time I do this I get a "failed to start package" popup, but still some containers work as expected.
That’s odd.

Any recent errors in /var/log/messages? Can you also try and terminate all containers first? Are all of them running?

Can you also try and terminate all containers first? Are all of them running?
Good thought. So I shut down all containers, then I stopped and restarted Docker. The "failed to start package" notification did not appear.

Opening sonarr, all indexers connected. I started QBT (w/o VPN) and sonarr connected to QBT. Next, I restarted QBT with VPN activated. AirVPN confirmed the connection, and sonarr again "saw" QBT.

I then picked a random new series to test, and the download was transferred to QBT, and sonarr moved the transferred file to my media folder. WOW WOW WOW. A quick check of radarr shows full connectivity.

So much key help from @Rusty 🍪🍪🍪 and @one-eyed-king 🍪🍪🍪 !!! Thank you. I did pull the logs, but now that everything seems restored, I'll just keep them for future use. SynoForum is a tremendous resource for those seemingly impossible issues like this one. I could not help but to become an official subscriber.

I have no idea of how this happened as I haven't touched much on the NAS in the past few weeks. But the IP table commands (with firewall deactivated), and restarting Docker with containers disabled made quite a difference. Thanks again!

Me too :D

Now I have to re-examine my firewall settings since they caused some of your IP table commands to fail when the firewall was active. Months ago I moved many firewall settings from "LAN1" to "All interfaces"... I'm undoing that over the next few weeks, in small steps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.