Sort order?

Currently reading
Sort order?

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Is it me or did something change since last night?
When I logged in, I’m shown the unread messages. Previously, it was posts in chronological order.

@SynoMan, did you change anything, or did I inadvertently screwup some settings?

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
It was me. Now you see unread posts in the top widget.

If you want to browse the latest posts you can click New posts button in top left corner or What's new button on the right side in navigation.

Sorry for the confusion, but I think this way is better.

NAS
DS220+ : DS1019+ : DS216+II : DS118 : DS120j : APC Back UPS ES 700 — Mac/iOS user
Ok. I prefer the old way. But you’re at the helm.

Was worried that you might say that things started falling apart after you kicked out the bot. Glad that things are still under control.

May the force be with you.

-Edit-
On a second thought. It’s good. I’ve “practiced” pressing the buttons and it’s working for me :)

NAS
DS718+
Although seeing unread post first is nice, I’d prefer to see the latest post by default, then a button to view unread post.

Reason being is, there are some threads that I just won’t read because it doesn’t apply to me. For instance, I don’t run mail server and therefore any post to do with mail will always be left unread on the main page.

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
Ok, thank you for your thoughts.

Well, with the latest posts widget you can see only a few latest posts and if there are more you may miss it (unless you hit the button view more posts).

I'll see if I can come up with this solution so you can choose in account preferences what kind of widget you'd like to see on the front page. Requires some custom coding, I hope it can work out.

NAS
I'll see if I can come up with this solution so you can choose in account preferences what kind of widget you'd like to see on the front page. Requires some custom coding, I hope it can work out.
Too bad we got rid of the robot 😂
We didn’t see this coming.

Last edited:
NAS
I see you pulling out your hair.
Don’t worry about it. Leave it. No need for such setting.
Life is too short man.

This is Ritz-Carlton luxury compared to the 1/4 star dark side community thing :D

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
I see you pulling out your hair.
There's not much left to pull :p

Actually, I'll leave as it is now, because I don't want to confuse users with too many settings. On the forum front page you can see a few latest posts (maybe I can expand it to 7 latest posts), with top left New posts button you can see unread posts and with right navigation button What's new you can see all latest posts, resources etc.

Thank you for all your feedbacks.

NAS
SynoMan! You’re back! I got notified.
Man, you got us worried.
Was afraid that you might’ve pulled a seppuku because of this widget settings thingy.

NAS
No time for resting, SynoMan.
All hands on deck (always use that in the corporate BS lingo, to sound more important and more authoritative although you’re not fishing for prawns).

I believe the current settings are good. Thank you.

NAS
DS418play, DS213j, DSM 7.0.1-14401
OK... I'm completely razzled... what's the difference between "Latest Posts" and "New Posts" ??? Are "New Posts" just new threads and "Latest Posts" simply unread posts?

A little help for the simple-minded would be appreciated 🍺

fredbert

NAS Support
Subscriber
NAS
DS1520+, DS218+, DS215j
Router
RT2600ac, MR2200ac
Operating system
macOS
Mobile operating system
iOS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads