Currently reading
Spreadsheet won't open Mac Sonoma 14.4.1

NAS
DS224+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I am a total newbie to a NAS. But I have wiped the disk and started over and about to do it again before I decide to send this thing back and use google workspace. Now I have a spreadsheet on the drive using synology office.... it will not open from the Finder on Mac, I have to go to DSM to open it. Also the drive for the NAS on Finder isn't connected. Somewhere installation from watching video on Synology something isn't quite right here and files won't load to the sync or whatever. About to just give up on this deal. If there were a user's guide would be immensely helpful. Because searching the net and following older tutorials that don't even have the sae settings as the new version end up causing issues....Does anyone just have a dang manual?

Solution
I did that still doesn't open. But when I use the icon in the system tray and click on drive folder I am able to find the file and open it from there.
Welcome to the forum.

Have you installed Synology Drive on the Mac? In Finder when opening a .osheet file, etc., it offers this.
1713974114685.png

Synology Office is dependent on Drive. When opening the .odoc / .osheet / .oslides it will open the file in a web session in Safari (or your web browser of choice).

There's a lot of Help and Tutorials here: Knowledge Center

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 4.00.54 PM.png

-- post merged: --

I am looking on my Mac and can't find the synology drive. The Apple store only has it for iphone or ipad not Mac

Upvote 0
You download it from Synology's site. I recall that there's a pop-up message when you launch the Drive web interface that suggests downloading the desktop clients. If that isn't displayed then there's also the menu when you click your bottom-left avatar icon...
1714040188677.png

Click 'Get desktop and mobile apps' to see this...
1714040248961.png

Click 'For Desktop' and it will download the right one for you.

The Drive client will enable Dropbox-like features with the NAS and Drive Server.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
I did that still doesn't open. But when I use the icon in the system tray and click on drive folder I am able to find the file and open it from there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 6.41.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 6.41.01 AM.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.18.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.18.29 PM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.18.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 4.18.54 PM.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back