SQL Backups failing to my NAS RS3614RPxs

Currently reading
SQL Backups failing to my NAS RS3614RPxs

Hi All, over the past few weeks, since updating my NAS to DSM 7.1 42661 (1) which i did because of a Netatalk CVE, i have seen a massive increase in the amount of errors im seeing when backup up SQL DBs to my NAS. During the time, i also shifted the folder i created for the backups, to another volume, because i was playing around with snapshots, and diddnt know how to delete the far too many i made straight away, so fid this coincidental as well. But I'm seeing errors like;

[SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 50000) The directory does not exist.

RAISERROR('Error creating directory.', 16, 1) [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 50000) xp_create_subdir() returned error 5, 'Access is denied.'

MSSQL [Failed] SQL Server Job System: `0410_20M_SystemUserDatabases_SP_Backup

It all uses AD Security Groups and tiering, so multiple RW / RO groups, who themselves have members, of which I've checked all SQL instances are present in the correct SG.

Any help would be appreciated !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.