3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Version: 1.2.4-8081
(2020-06-18)
Important Note

1. The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.
What's New

1. Added support for adding Wi-Fi points to a mesh Wi-Fi system via Ethernet cables during the first-time deployment.
  2. Allowed a mesh Wi-Fi system to have Wi-Fi points running different SRM's Update versions (with the same four-digit build number) so as to enhance update experience.
  3. Added support to configure multicast translation and IGMP snooping in a mesh Wi-Fi system.
  4. Added support for communication between client devices within the guest network.
  5. Added support for broadcast storm prevention through MAC filtering, which prevents wireless devices from sending a large number of broadcast packets in a short time and affecting the normal usage of other devices.
  6. Added support to apply the Default Policy of traffic control to each device connected to the guest/local area network.
  7. Added support for delivery of traffic reports on the last day of every month.
  8. Improved the startup speed of Synology Router after an SRM update.
  9. Enhanced the performance of iPhone USB tethering.
  10. Unified the behaviors of soft reset on RT1900ac, RT2600ac, and MR2200ac: the username of administrator's account can be customized during the reset.
  11. Added support for LCP identification of PPPD settings during a PPPoE connection (required by some ISPs).
  12. Added support for the IGMP querier timer for IPTV to enhance compatibility.
  13. Added support for connection tests of DNS over HTTPS (DoH).
  14. Adjusted the behaviors of data storing: system data will now be respectively stored in each external storage device connected to Synology Router.
  15. Updated the valid period of default certificate to 398 days in response to the policy change of Apple.
  16. Enhanced the compatibility of WPA2-EAP/WPA3-EAP with RADIUS servers in a mesh Wi-Fi system.
Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where the performance of Synology Router might be reduced when a macOS device connects to it.
  2. Fixed the issue where iPhone 11 running iOS 13.2.3 might fail to connect to the WPA3-Enterprise wireless network.
  3. Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to send logs of Wi-Fi points to other log servers.
  4. Fixed the issue where the wireless network might not work properly after an update of SRM on which configurations have been restored.
  5. Fixed the issue where packages might not be downloaded properly from Package Center on RT2600ac.
  6. Fixed the issue where interface failover cannot function properly when either of the WAN interfaces is disconnected.
  7. Fixed the issue where devices on the guest network might fail to access the Internet when a policy routing rule that directs network traffic through the secondary WAN interface is in place.
  8. Fixed the issue where users might not be able to select WAN interfaces upon configuring static routing if the IPTV uses 10 as its VLAN ID.
  9. Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to access the Internet via PPPoE when IPTV is enabled.
  10. Fixed the issue where IP addresses might not be obtained from ISPs (Internet Service Providers) after Synology Router restarts.
  11. Fixed the issue where RT2600ac might fail to access certain HTTP IP addresses when it is in the wireless AP mode.
  12. Fixed the issue where the links of traffic reports in notification emails might be invalid when the task names of reports contain special characters.
  13. Fixed the issue where the device list on the Traffic Control page might incorrectly display the IP addresses of banned and disconnected devices.
  14. Fixed the issue where the status of a user account might be shown as "disabled" immediately after it is scheduled to be disabled on a later date.
  15. Fixed the issue where Synology Router in the wireless AP mode might fail to send packets to specified gateways when there are multiple routers and gateways within the local network.
  16. Fixed the issue where port forwarding might not work properly with PPPoE connection after Synology Router restarts.
  17. Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to send notification emails through mail servers with SSL/TLS settings.
  18. Fixed the issue where SNMP messages might not contain correct SRM information.
  19. Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to renew the Let's Encrypt certificate.
  20. Adjusted the memory parameters for MR2200ac to prevent unexpected restart.
Security Updates

1. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding BSD (CVE-2019-20367).
  2. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding hostapd (CVE-2019-16275).
  3. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Dnsmasq (CVE-2019-15107 and CVE-2019-14834).
  4. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding Linux kernels (CVE-2017-13168).
  5. Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CallStranger (Synology-SA-20:13).
  6. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities (Synology-SA-20:14).
Known Issues & Limitations

1. Due to security considerations, if configurations backed up from a mesh Wi-Fi system running SRM 1.2.3 or earlier are restored on the primary Wi-Fi point running SRM 1.2.4 or later, all Wi-Fi points (except the primary one) need to be reset and added to the mesh Wi-Fi system again.
  2. Re-login to Synology mobile applications (DS cloud, DS file, DS get, DS router, and Synology VPN Plus) is required after SRM is updated to 1.2.4.
--------------

Post your experiences here.

Running update on the 1900 model now, 2600 and 2200 will come in a few days after I'm sure this will not be pulled, again.

Given the number of security issues being addressed (I hesitate to say fixed!) I've downloaded both RT2600ac and Mr2200ac .pat files as I know these won't appear in UK Package Center until Christmas.

I'm considering doing the manual update due to the security patches, and this long conference call is really making me want to do it right now 🤪

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 12.23.30.png

No apparent problems atm. Install took about 10min to complete, rebooted without any problems.

Given the number of security issues being addressed
My thoughts exactly. I'm WFH atm so I can't do it right now, but I will plan this some time in the upcoming days.

Mine went ok. The only points to note were that the various databases (in Control Panel) were out of date and until they were updated I got continual alerts of malware blocking from Safe Access when the NAS tried to access a few Digital Ocean IPs that Synology uses.

Package updates:
Safe Access updated with SRM update.
Threat Prevention resulted in a long period of the database definitions being <something,,, it was yesterday and I've forgotten>. It's ok now.
VPN Plus has an update too.

My RT2600ac went ok as well. The mentioned packages had to be updated and Thread Prevention is still "Building Signature Database" (since quite some time now...)

Did an update on 2600 and 2200 mesh. Took 22min start to finish. Too long for my taste. Initial reboot didnt pass so I had to power cycle 2600 while disconnecting 2200 from it as well as WAN. Then it booted fine. After that I connected everything back and all works just fine. Strange but not to my liking.

Did anyone notice the message about 'recommended to use ext4 on USB for performance' during the Building Signature Database routine? Can't seem to find any reference to this online anywhere.
Yes, which is odd because my USB drive is ext4.

Did a manual update too (it's been a while since last update and I'm concern about security).
I was previously able to double click on the entries in the Device List to rename, now it seems not working anymore. Haven't done a reset though.
Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.