SRM Update SRM 1.3.1-9346 (RC)

Currently reading
SRM Update SRM 1.3.1-9346 (RC)

I'd assume that those still on SRM 1.2.x then we go the official route from the Download page. For those on 1.3.1-9346 RC they will use the patch. But it's early days and only those with a major issue on 1.3.1 RC should be looking to update today. Well that's my view as at 11:49:37 UK time.

There are usually two dates: release notes vs archive site's files.

What is put in the Release Notes
Notice they say the same date for both the main release and Update 1. This is the date that Synology released the updates to the public.
1661338591608.png

1661338622419.png

Archive site's file date
These would be the date that the .pat files were created/modified (depends on what is configured for display).
1661338749580.png

The archive site's page for 1.3.1-9346 just redirects back to the top of the archive site. But if you use curl then it's possible to see the links and dates. Here's the HTML extract for the MR2200ac full update: see it suggests the path is for the Update 1 full installer at 193 MB and they made it on 23 August. Pity they then then omitted to call it 1.3.1 Update 1 but imply it is the the main release.

HTML:
<th scope="row">
    <a href="https://global.download.synology.com/download/SRM/release/1.3.1/9346-1/SRM_MR2200ac_9346.pat" rel="noreferrer noopener">SRM_MR2200ac_9346.pat</a>
</th>
<td>Tue, 23 Aug 2022 02:53:38 GMT</td>
<td>193.85MB</td>

I would think that they created a patcher of Update 1 first (18th Aug) and then built a full SRM 1.2.5 to SRM 1.3.1 installer with all the updates and patches (23rd Aug).

While this is all interesting [it is] I still wouldn't be rushing to update.

I've had my RT2600AC for 3 years. Been waiting for Vlan support for so long now it's here and we only get to make 5 networks. Why? This is just a new level of frustration.

Anyone tried installing update 1 for 1.3.1-9346 on a rt2600ac/mr2200ac mesh system yet? Usually, I don’t fret to much about installing updates (assuming they don’t get pulled after a day or two) but I tried moving to the rt6600ax a few weeks ago and it was an unmitigated disaster…wifi-points constantly dropping off, reboots on speed tests, and half my old 2600 speeds when directly connected to the rt6600ax. I’m sure they’ll get it figured out but for now I’m a little gun shy. Please let me know if anyone has tried it! Thanks!

I guess Jan has an ISP router in bridge/modem mode, like I have. In this mode the ISP WAN IP is assigned to my RT2600ac's WAN interface. But there is also a WAN-side subnet on 192.168.100.0/nn that enables me to access the ISP router for checking the status/logs/etc and also so I could change it back to router mode.

From a routing point of view, LAN devices won't know where 192.168.100.0/nn devices are so they will use their default route 0.0.0.0 to send to the RT2600ac (LAN gateway address). Since 192.168.100.0/nn is assigned to the RT2600ac's WAN interface then it 'knows' where to send this traffic... onto the subnet that it is also a member. It should not need any specific static routes to achieve this.

For all other RFC 1918 reserved IP subnets that the RT2600ac doesn't know what to do with then it will route to it's default route, which is out to the ISP internal network. Which is also why you shouldn't put firewall rules in your router that allows the full RFC 1918 subnets as sources IPs: for you internal usage of these subnets the firewall rules will treat as outbound traffic, but the rest will be treated as permitted inbound traffic. A lot of ISP infrastructure will also use RFC 1918 subnetting.

Indeed, I had this setup before with my Syno router LAN IP exposed in the ISPs DMZ, and all traffic from the outside that would hit the router was passed again down to my gear via that IP.

Atm, that is not the case as I have a deal with my ISP to allow me direct access using a custom VLAN tag, so there is not need for an additional device in bridge or router mode.

Last edited:
No I have an Arris Modem only... (Not a router) TM3402a it has outputs of Gig Etherenet, one to to RT2600ac.. In Wireless Router mode.
I've always been able to access modem diagnostic pages...
There is a report elsewhere that a fellow with 1.3.1-1 cannot access his modem. And someone else answered that a static route was necessary.. (Which I am not using) Why I asked for this test... (I figured I'd get the answer here, and I did!)

PS: I've No specific rules in 2600 firewall for 192.168.100.1, (outside of my LAN)... (I’ve been putting my faith in the DENY ALL rule at bottom of each firewall).. Could you please elaborate fredbert?

Last edited:
Seeing a bunch of posts about DHCP that seems to occur after a reset, but that is not clear after which reset. I’ve only 5 or so DHCP IP’s but….. awaiting your comments after a few days. My system: 2600 & Linksys E2000 in garage as access point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.