SRM Update SRM 1.3.1-9346 (RC)

Currently reading
SRM Update SRM 1.3.1-9346 (RC)

Today I have some Windows Lenovo garbage netbook on maintenance. Created a separate wifi VLAN for it, and set the rules to block the traffic to the rest of the network, apart from a dedicated single device and a few ports as well as the Internet. All working well.

So far 1.3.1 is working as expected.

Last edited:
Interesting. Even though I updated TP Before the 1.3.1-1 update, After 1.3.1-1 was loaded I had to do it yet again! Same version
-- post merged: --

One strange issue.
Synology Assistant fails to connect with router with 1.3.1-1 using saved login from 1.2.5-5, even though it is same…. But will when it is manually typed in, but then doesn’t ask to save it!
???
My Synology Assistant is V6.2-24922 Appears to be correct.... ??"??

Well! That was interesting....
Downloaded Synology Assistant 7.0.3-50049 and installed it....
This version will not see Router at all....
So (Thankfully i'd saved older install file....!) re-installed. V6.2-24922....
After install of this, deleting the logins, it had me enter the login and password... and it worked!
But Second and subsequent time I used SA to Login to Router with 1.3.1-1, when I selected the login, it hung..... and did nothing... Just like before... !! ???

So, I can use SA for Login, on SA V6,2-24922 IF I TYPE IN LOGIN AND PASSWORD, but Cannot login via Saved Password.... Nor will it save a new password!

And Under the Latest SA: V7.0.3-50049 on install, it sees all the NAS's but not the Router!!!

What version SA are you using, and where did you get it?

Thank You!!

What version SA are you using, and where did you get it?
Never use it, often forget it exists. I know the assigned IP addresses and also run local DNS, so know the names too. Try using the Bonjour name of the router ... your-router-name.local

Last edited:
Question on the 2x new firewall entries.....
If I'm IPV4 only, should I un-check the new IPV6 rule?
Or does it not matter because I'm not using IPV6?

So far, other than the strange SA operations, no problems... (had to re-load TP as part of 1.3 UG, even though Latest TP was already loaded in 1.2.5-5 Automatic save and recall of User Rules in TP Flawless).. Wife is beating the hell out of system right now... :)!

What kind of WiFi speeds are you getting on the 6600 vs the 2600? I tried the rt6600ax for a few days but had significantly slower WiFi speeds (before I reverted back due to the 2600 bc of wifi-point instability issues), granted it was on an earlier RC. Just curious for real world data! Thanks!

And occasionally, when I manually enter Login/Password in SA, it fails, even though I'm certain it is correct.... but 2nd try with same login/password is successful....
Not sure if you’re using it, but I had a similar issue using 2fa. Changed my ntp server away from nist.gov (which was occasionally unreachable in tests) to pool.ntp.org and it appears to have fixed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.