NAS
DS218+ DS212J
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
  3. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
My RT2600ac is having a problem on the timed boot. I reboot it every week, as that has solved occasional network problems.
However now on reboot the RT2600ac is reliably not configuring the network and wifi. I have to manually power off, wait 10seconds, and then power back on and it comes up ok.
This only seemed to happen on the latest update, which I think I installed on 2022 Dec 29.
RT2600ac is Version: 1.3.1-9346 Update 3
The reboot is set on Control Panel. Device. Reboot Schedule to Sun at 05:10
I have a setup with dual WAN + 3 separate physical networks. The main WAN is Comcast 100MB and the backup WAN2 is 8MB DSL.
Just wondering if anybody has seen anything like this

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any issues here with either of my 2x 2600's, and pretty much since day 1, the only planned restart occurs when firmware is updated... 1.3.1-3 here on both. My ISP (Zito :(! ) gives 200/20 when it works. (T3 & T4 errors on cable not unusual)

No Synology Mesh, (My own home-made Mesh) No Guest WIFI, No VPN, but SA and TP (using 160 User rules and an External Sata or M.2 drive at ext4, in USBV3 enclosure - at USBV3 speeds, with drive write caching on)...

PS. Neighbor of mine on another mountain nearby is still running 1.2x-x.... in a 2600 with SD card for TP, and he has never had any issues.... His ISP Spectrum and gives 400/20 from what I recall.. I keep suggesting he should update, but he's happy with how it's running now... so he hasn't.... (He is not in the least bit tech savy-- and I am self taught! )

The one thing we both have in common: WE BOTH RUN UPS's!! Being in the mountains, random short power outages occur here every few days...

I realized yesterday that the THreat Protection wasn't working. It turns out the at the USB Stick drive hadn't been detected.
I removed it and plugged it into Win11 machine, which required it to be repaired
Plugged it back into the RT2600ac, that detected it.
Then software reboot. Seems to be operating normally this morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.