SRM 1.3, vLAN and Wireguard

Currently reading
SRM 1.3, vLAN and Wireguard

Hi there,

I am considering to acquire the RT6600 in the coming weeks. However, something is not clear to me with regard to the vLAN capability. I understand vLAN will allow me to segregate different devices on distinct networks (e.g. IoT devices from "production" devices). Additionally, we can then choose which networks can communicate with others, or not. However, is there a possibility to allow only "one way" communications between two different vLANs?

An example: I don't trust my printer when it comes to network security. Thus, I would like to segregate it from my "main network" (laptop, NAS, etc.). However, it is clear I need my laptop to be able to send a task to the printer. Is that doable?

Another short question about another topic: any idea if SRM and Synology's RT hardware will support Wireguard one day? I read somewhere there is an incompatibility issue with the Linux kernel, but I am not expert enough to understand if that might change one day or not.

Thank's a lot for your answer and enjoy your weekend!

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.