SSD Cache 1 (Degraded) DS1019+

Currently reading
SSD Cache 1 (Degraded) DS1019+

NAS
DS412+, DS1815+, DS1817+ (HA), DS1019+, DS416slim, DS920+, DS1621+ (HA)
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Good Afternoon SynoForum, I arrived at work this morning to a slew of email alerts because of this:

1617890424961.png

It's a new one on me, the second ssd is not accessible here or in the storage manager app, despite saying it is at 100% health. My question is has this happened to anyone here?
The repair option is unavailable, was thinking of either i) OOH reboot to see if it comes back ii) removing the cache and seeing if it can be re made (it is RAID 1). But maybe if this has happened to someone else it could save a boat load of hassle. It is 3 years 24/7 running and the hit rate is usually 88% in a month so has been busy drive and maybe just has carked it

Good Afternoon SynoForum, I arrived at work this morning to a slew of email alerts because of this:

View attachment 3380
It's a new one on me, the second ssd is not accessible here or in the storage manager app, despite saying it is at 100% health. My question is has this happened to anyone here?
The repair option is unavailable, was thinking of either i) OOH reboot to see if it comes back ii) removing the cache and seeing if it can be re made (it is RAID 1). But maybe if this has happened to someone else it could save a boat load of hassle. It is 3 years 24/7 running and the hit rate is usually 88% in a month so has been busy drive and maybe just has carked it
I burned my pair in about 11 months. If the second drive is not dead it will be soon.

Best to remove the cache from your volume and replace the drive(s) and start fresh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.