Currently reading
ssd cache

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
On rebuilding my DS920+. I'm wondering if it's worth activating the 1tb SSD cache. It was in my old system that crashed but never noticed a difference. Should I activate it or just ignore it. I've read here and on other forums that it doesn't make much difference and uses some system ram when activated.

My NAS is mostly backup of PCs and mobile phones. I also watch movies from it. TIA

Solution
This is a common question here, and there are answers to those questions. Still, it is always a "per case" scenario. If you are using your NAS as a backup and storage for streaming content, you will not benefit from the cache to a degree that you will notice a huge impact on performance.
This is a common question here, and there are answers to those questions. Still, it is always a "per case" scenario. If you are using your NAS as a backup and storage for streaming content, you will not benefit from the cache to a degree that you will notice a huge impact on performance.

Upvote 0
Solution

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.