ssh access, vim & PATH

Currently reading
ssh access, vim & PATH

NAS
DS412+
Gents,

currently I am trying `rsync` from local to remote SynoNAS, failed, and discovered several strange settings:

1. At SynoNAS' root directory, bin/ is symbolically linked to /usr/bin ? same as yours? PS: DSM 6.2;
  2. Where is your "vim", when you `which vim`, and the settings e.g. /etc/vim/vimrc, is this basis setting file there?
thanks for sharing!

thanks @fredbert for fast reponse! I just almost ruin my NAS ;-(
I remove 1st the link(because it is to linux/unix very weird such setting.) and NAS cannot boot anymore (even w/o HDDs)! Chat with Synology support = HW defect cannot repair, but later I remove all HDD and restart, DSM is asking reinstalling.

also 2nd one is not normal.

why Synology set like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
OK... so I'm beginning to follow now! If I install VPN server on the work NAS and use OpenVPN on my home...
Replies
Views
Had a recent issue somewhat similar: no access via one user at one folder. Ended up being general...
Replies
Views
Or it's a Spider-man reference... (great power, great responsibility) ;)
Replies
Views
  • Question
It sounds that the main focus is a LAN reconfiguration of DHCP and DNS services so that dynamically...
Replies
Views
Had simelar issue last Thursday. Router and 1 NAS worked, 2 NAS’s didn’t! This occurred as I was adding...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I guess "my Firewall" is the firewall on the Synology? a step by step tutorial can be found online like...
Replies
Views
OK at last, worked it out, you have to install Synology app on PC first then add name amd password then...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back