Currently reading
Stop regular ABB notifications

NAS
DS920+, DS416slim
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have two PCs backing up via ABB and DSM desktop shows a notification whenever they complete.

Is it possible to edit these notifications so that I am only alerted when there is an issue / it has failed etc?

Last edited:
Have you checked what notifications are enabled in Control Panel?

I find the notifications useful as it reminds me when it’s ok to shut the lid on my laptop PC. But I do have low frequency backups so the notifications aren’t noisy.

*** Update ***

Just checked and I have already disabled the ABB 'Backup task complete' notification in Control Panel but I do see Mac desktop notifications from DSM when I'm on the web portal and the task happens.

Same here - all notifications are disabled for "Backup task completed" but I still get the desktop notifications, both in DSM and browser push. I guess the functionality is broken. Annoying!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.