Storage Manager vs Storage Analyzer

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've been thrown into the deep end at work, and so I'm very much a rookie but trying to learn about Synology and NAS. I wasn't sure where exactly to post this so I thought this was a good place to begin.

I'm running a DS 1918+

The Storage Manager says I have 12.8 TB out of 15.7 TB, and I'm running low on space.

The Storage Analyzer says I have about 7.01 TB of Usage (when I add up all folders).

I've run a report in the Storage Analyzer, looked at the "Duplicates" report, and estimated I've deleted about 1 TB of duplicate files. However, both the Storage Manager and the Storage Analyzer's numbers don't ever change.

I've run the Data Scrubbing

I've emptied the "Recycle" folders in the File Station, but they all appear to be empty with only 74 bytes

I've restarted the NAS with no change.

I was hoping for some insight, advice, tutorial, and or perspective. I'm very new to all this, and I realize I'm probably missing something obvious.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.