storage pool crash!!

Currently reading
storage pool crash!!

No, I didn't recover the pool. I did a reset through DSM which formatted the drives and reinstalled DSM. I tried to recover the files through hyperdrive like you're supposed to be able to. However, it didn't work stating they were corrupt. So, I opened usbshare1 in file manager and it let be access the backed-up files/folders. Am now copying them over to the NAS to the same existing folders that the configuration file restored setup. So far, all my files on the nas are accessible

Attachments

• dsm.JPG
    dsm.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 37
No, I didn't recover the pool. I did a reset through DSM which formatted the drives and reinstalled DSM. I tried to recover the files through hyperdrive like you're supposed to be able to. However, it didn't work stating they were corrupt. So, I opened usbshare1 in file manager and it let be access the backed-up files/folders. Am now copying them over to the NAS to the same existing folders that the configuration file restored setup. So far, all my files on the nas are accessible
Why don’t (or didn’t) you just install the hyper backup app, do a restore by pointing it to your usb device.

It looks like you have active backup app open, which is the wrong app and probably the reason why it wasn’t connecting to your backup file.

Looks to be Hyper Backup Explorer.

Negative I was referring to the application he has open in the top bar. I’ve circled it in his screenshot here. Yes He has hyper back explorer open but that is not going to give him the restore capabilities. He needs the hyper back app open. All he’s is going to recover with the hyper backup explorer is files and folders. He most likely opened the explorer by double clicking the backup file, rather than linking back to it using the full hyper backup application.

Attachments

• D3ADAF5F-E1D3-4C08-AB85-E4FBD17AFB7C.jpeg
    D3ADAF5F-E1D3-4C08-AB85-E4FBD17AFB7C.jpeg
    432.9 KB · Views: 18
Negative I was referring to the application he has open in the top bar. I’ve circled it in his screenshot here. Yes He has hyper back explorer open but that is not going to give him the restore capabilities. He needs the hyper back app open. All he’s is going to recover with the hyper backup explorer is files and folders. He most likely opened the explorer by double clicking the backup file, rather than the full hyper backup application.
Data restoring via HB Explorer (but I'd just restore from HB itself), but yes the DSM config restore needs to be done with HB.

The reason I did it this way was because hyper backup said the backup was corrupt. I then used file station to copy all of my file back to their proper directories. I did the DSM config restore first. everything is working fine.

Gerard. When I opened usbshare1 the ABB portal opened with it. No idea why

The reason I did it this way was because hyper backup said the backup was corrupt. I then used file station to copy all of my file back to their proper directories. I did the DSM config restore first. everything is working fine.

Gerard. When I opened usbshare1 the ABB portal opened with it. No idea why

Just sucks of what you had to jump thru, it shouldn’t have been that complicated/messy.

Just sucks of what you had to jump thru, it shouldn’t have been that complicated/messy.
Actually, the hardest part was waiting on the replacement nas and then figuring out that holding the reset button a 2nd time for 3 beeps didn't format that drives. That had to be done through dsm! Hey, that's life!!!:poop:

need to find a better backup system for sure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.