Currently reading
Info Storage Update

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have 2TB of data on my DS-218+. They are on two 6TB drives.

My question is: I just deleted 40gb of duplicate files. But my Storage show the same 2.12 used and 3.12 available. Why didn't it go to something like 2.09 used and 3.15 available? Or does it take time to catch up to changes? Anything I have to do?

I have 2TB of data on my DS-218+. They are on two 6TB drives.

My question is: I just deleted 40gb of duplicate files. But my Storage show the same 2.12 used and 3.12 available. Why didn't it go to something like 2.09 used and 3.15 available? Or does it take time to catch up to changes? Anything I have to do?
Do you have recycle bin active on those shared folders where the data is? If so you will need to clean those up as well. Start with that.

Was it in folders that are managed by Synology Drive? If so then check Synology Drive Admin Console's Settings/Others
The data is in the photos folder. I deleted duplicate photos. I don't use any Synology App for my photos. I just want to store them on the NAS.

btrfs? If so, a data scrub may help.
I am still new and don't want to assume. When you say Synology Drive you mean the app, right? In which case, no. They are just in the photo folder which Synology creates and I don't use any photo app. I just store my photos on the NAS.

Thank you all for your help. I had to empty out the Recycling Bin. The funny thing is that one has to click on "Delete" to empty out the bin. Which made me hesitant to click on it. I had no assurance that meant to empty the Recycling Bin or to delete the Recyling Bin. I have read the manual, but it misses on describing a lot of things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.