Stream 2 only has 640x480 resolution available

Currently reading
Stream 2 only has 640x480 resolution available

Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
In the Camera Edit menu for Stream 2 configuration, why do I only see 640x480 resolution? I would like 720p. I can change this in the cameras own web interface but in SS I'm stuck at 640x480. I have it set to 720p in my camera but SS doesn't recognize that.

The only thing I can think of is the settings for the camera model in SS. Did you choose the right one?
Are you on the latest device pack?

You can also play with the Generic option of the camera if there’s one and see.
Recently I changed my Hikvision to Generic Hikvision and now I can use smart events!

Yes I have the right one selected. I tried setting the main stream to a lower res but that didn't help. I'm using Amcrest 4K turret cams. In the cam web interface I have the main stream which has all resolutions, sub stream 1 and sub stream 2. Under sub stream 1 there are 704x480, 640x480, 352x240 resolutions. Under sub stream 2 there are 1920x1080, 1280x720, 704x480. What I think is happening SS is only seeing sub stream 1 from the camera and not sub stream 2 where the resolution I want is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.