Router
  1. RT6600ax
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Morning lads

I'm having some issues with with an IP camera I recently bought (Reolink e1 pro), I've connected it up to Synology surveillance. I set up some firewall rules to ensure only the NAS can access it as I don't trust it's Chinese software. I want Synology to manage everything security wise, the only thing the camera will be doing is streaming the footage straight to the NAS, it doesn't even have an SD card.

So here is my issue: I currently have rules set up to block all traffic too and from the camera, and another rule to allow traffic from the camera to the Nas and vice versa. However all the devices on the network can still access the camera.
The port for the camera is 8000 so I had suspicions it was somehow conflicting with SRM on my router, so I tried disabling "allow srm access from this network" incase that option overwrote the rules I had in place to block access to it. No luck unfortunately.
I've tried every combination of rules to try block access to the camera, at every different priority and still no luck. I've posted some screenies below of my firewall rules. The desktop screenshot is a little old but it shows the details of the rules, the updated one is the mobile screenshot ( just added a rule block any traffic to the cam). Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• signal-2022-10-25-04-39-02-368.png
    signal-2022-10-25-04-39-02-368.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20221025-105656_DS router.jpg
    Screenshot_20221025-105656_DS router.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 29

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.