Question Sudden death of a DS918+

Currently reading
Question Sudden death of a DS918+

NAS
DS-918+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
For some reason, today my NAS just turn itself off. When I try to start it, the blue start button blinks for like 10 seconds and turn itself off again. When I remove all the drives, it is up again but the power light bilnks indefinitely. I can access the web interface but there is nothing there to diagnose the problem, just a page saying that I need to put some disks. Is there anything I can do to better diagnose my problem? Thanks in advance

With all disks removed, if the blue light flashes for 20 minutes, it is a sign of board failure.

OTOH... if you see a page that says to install some disks, grab a spare disk (not from the drives you were using), insert it, and see if you can create a volume, and report back here...

Ok, reporting back since a while: it was a power supply failure. It wasn't easy to find a replacement but it went ok. Everything is back and running normally. It really scared me but was just that. Thanks all of you for your help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.