DSM 7.1 Sudden Synology Drive Failure, All Clients

NAS
DS218+, DS110j
Operating system
  1. Windows
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have two clients, both laptops, and both suddenly quit connecting to the NAS via Drive Client at the same time (about 30 days ago). All I see on the client side is 'reconnecting' - but this is never successful. When I re-enter the passwork in the laptop Drive Client, I get 'invalid Quick Connect ID' (this is not true, can use QC from that same laptop at the time of the error msg) or 'Drive Server not enabled in QuickConnect settings'. Hmmm...looking at those settings, all possible connections for QC are enabled (mobile clients, DSM and filesharing) - but I don't see an option to select Drive specifically. Is that a problem? Also, both of my laptops are identified in Drive Client Manager as 'desktop' clients - but that's not right and I can't seem to change that. Proxy in the laptop Drive Client is 'autoidetect'. What's going on? Both worked perfectly up until 30 days ago. DId the DSM 7.1 update break something?

Last edited:
Hmmm...just checked and the update was not to 7.1 but to 7.0.x. Does that change the advice? One more clue (?) .. both clients stopped communicating with the DS218+ at the same time - and this was immediately after the first data scrubbing. Just coincidence?

Yep. Maybe someone else can help then.
OK, thanks. A mystery b/c this approach has been working perfectly for 6+ months. To have both clients fail at the same time points to something related to the common item - the DS. I like your forum avatar - we have a son adopted from Ukraine...

OK, thanks. A mystery b/c this approach has been working perfectly for 6+ months. To have both clients fail at the same time points to something related to the common item - the DS. I like your forum avatar - we have a son adopted from Ukraine...
OK, an update. Went home and tried client #2. Consistent with the info on the DS from remote login, client #2 has not been able to sync with Synology Drive for about one month. Logging onto my DS, I had an update pending to 7.0.1-42218 Update 3. Did the update, DS rebooted and now client #2 is automagically back on line and in synch with my DS through Drive Client. Hoo-wah! I'll test Client #1 tomorrow...

And...Client #1 started the sync as soon as it powered up and got on the network. So, clearly something that resulted from a DSM update that was resolved by either the 2nd update or simply the reboot. The weird part are the error messages implying a missetting that blocked remote access. Not true, it seems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.