Surveillance Station when main computer is powered down

NAS
DS718+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello,

Does Surveillance Station work when main computer is off or does it only work when the program is running?

I'm hoping everything can be setup and then when main computer is shut down the NAS itself handles recordings etc.

I have a Reolink RLC-511 POE connected to the second lan Port on DS718+ and everything seems to be working fine so far!

Thanks

Yes.
I’ve SS running on 3x separate NAS’s
They each run stand alone. (With no help needed from external computer).
When I want to view videos I log into that NAS’s folder and view them from computer or phone.

Awesome, thanks for the response, much appreciated

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

All the time.. no pause. Start/stop/start/stop etc. Problem is gone now by reinstalling the whole rackstation.
Replies
Views
  • Question
In Monitor Center where you can view all your cams, there are two places to filter. See the red arrows. I...
Replies
Views
I will forward this "ADD AN ALLOW RULE FOR THE IP RANGE OF CAMERA YOU WANT TO AUTOMATICALLY FIND" as a...
Replies
Views
Well, the debate (and hope) is over. For now, GrandStream speakers are NOT compatible with Synology...
Replies
Views
That software would be Surveillance Station. Only you know the camera/system model in question; look em up...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 5784
D
It works ! In Surveillance Station I choosed a TL-IPC43AN-FUSION-DUAL instead of a generic ONVIF, and now...
Replies
Views
I've been using Surveillance station since getting my NAS. I use the windows client and keep it open...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back